Monday to Friday 8.30AM – 5:30pm
Saturday 8:30am – 1.00pm
Closed Sunday & Bank Holidays.
What I.D. do I need?
Photo ID required on all hires. Irish Driving licenses only & Utility Bill.
Passports are OK but as they have no address we will also need a utility bill.
Proof of insurance may be required covering plant.
Car or VAN registration plates are not ID.
Do I need a Deposit?
Deposits are required for all equipment hire. We will ask for a 2 week Hire charge as a deposit which will be refunded upon return of equipment. Payable in Cash / Visa / Debit Card / EFT. We do not accept Cheques (Well we do but you have to wait for them to clear)
Please be aware that refunds to your Debit Card can take unto 5 working days. This is a bank process over which we have no control.
Can I get my items Delivered and Collected?
Yes, we have a delivery service. Delivery rates are quoted when booking and are based on distance traveled.
Please be aware that as some jobs over run we will not assume you are finished with an item until you call us to collect.
- All equipment is hired subject to our general terms and conditions of hire
- All Prices include 23% V.A.T.
- We demonstrate equipment to you – if you want.
- We have large stocks of all popular equipment.
- We test and check every item of equipment for safety and functionality after every hire.
- We have a large stock of quality consumables for use with our equipment: abrasives, drill bits safety wear, diamond blades etc.
What is your delivery system for Online Sales?
We have Nationwide Delivery service.
- FREE DELIVERY when you spend €125 or more*
- €9.50 DELIVERY CHARGE when you spend less than €125*
- BUY ONLINE – PICK UP IN STORE (Free)
* Delivered within 3 days (excluding bank holidays). Some weight restrictions may apply
I’m not sure which tool is most suitable?
No problem, we will listen and advise you for free. Tell us what you are doing; we have 29 years of experience and the knowledge to share.
Will you show me how to use the equipment?
Yes we will demonstrate the safe working of the equipment.
Do you have everything in stock?
Generally we will always have popular items in stock. To confirm stock or to book you can call us on 026-42133
What happens if I forget to return an item?
You will be charged for all time out (not time used) however if your item goes over time we will give you a reminder call. You can either return the item or we can take additional payment.
Do you sell equipment?
Yes we sell both new and ex-rental tools and machinery.
What happens if something is damaged, broken or missing?
We do charge for broken or damaged equipment. Be sure equipment is secured when not in use and protected from vandalism or loss.
Do I have to clean the equipment before I return it?
A cleaning charge of €30 will be levied if equipment is returned that’s requires extra cleaning.
What about safety and equipment usage?
It is your responsibility to ensure that all operators of hired equipment are properly instructed in its safe and correct use. The hirer must ensure that equipment is not misused.
- Flexibility: You can hire by the day, week or weekend. Delivery service for larger items.
- You get to use top quality commercial-grade equipment for a fraction of their cost
- Save working time: The right tool for the right job means less valuable time wasted.
- No need to buy, store or maintain a machine: hire it when you need it.
- Don’t tie up your cash buying machines
- If you’re thinking about buying something new, why not try it before you buy it at Macroom Tool Hire & Sales. If you like it we will be happy to sell you the ‘hired’ product.
- Before you ‘hire’ make sure you have a fairly good idea of how long your task will take. We at Macroom Tool Hire & Sales offer excellent long term and weekend hire rates.
- Most DIY and home projects are one-offs, so why go to the expense of long term tools for short term projects? Hiring is always more cost effective.
- Think of Macroom Tool Hire & Sales as a huge ‘warehouse’ filled with all types of useful tools and equipment available for you to use.
What are our Hire Rates?
- HALF DAY HIRE: Up to 4 hours. Calculated as 2/3’s of full day hire. Collect & return hired equipment to get the 1/2day hire rate.
- FULL DAY HIRE: Between 4 & 24 hours.
- WEEKEND HIRE: Friday 5:30pm – Monday 8:30am approx. (pay for 1 day and keep for 2 days.)
- BANK HOLIDAY HIRE: Friday 5:30pm – Tuesday 8:30am approx. (pay for 1½ days and keep for 3 days.)
- WEEKLY HIRE: Pay for 3 days and keep for 7 days.
- DIGGER HIRE: Rates based on hours of usage.
- All rates are shown on Hire Contract docket.
If you cannot find what you want, please call our depot.
Macroom Tool Hire & Sales are totally committed to the health and safety of our customers and staff. All hire equipment is inspected and performance tested before every hire to ensure it operates safely and within its design capability.
WARNING: Do not use equipment unless you have been instructed in its safe and proper use. Macroom Tool Hire & Sales will not be responsible for any injury or damage arising from the improper use of equipment.
Do you want a Macroom Tool Hire & Sales Account?
- Monthly Billing
- Monthly Statements
- Emailed Plantlists
- Account Management
Contact our Accounts Office now 026-43955 or download an application form below.
Macroom Tool Hire & Sales is a limited company. Registered Company No. 365387. Registered office: Codrum Industrial Estate, Macroom, Co. Cork, P12 CF24, Ireland.